The Horizon Nxt® has been developed in response to the special needs of all caregivers in the medical setting. The Horizon Nxt is intended for use with B. Braun Medical Horizon® I.V. sets. This pump has five operating modes:
- Standard Mode – for simple IV fluid delivery with piggyback capability.
- Dose Mode – used for administration of medication where concentrations.
and doses are critical. The pump will automatically calculate either the dose or rate.
- Profile Mode – offers a tapered delivery mode for infusing TPN or other fluids requiring ramp up and ramp down time.
- Program Mode – offers maximum flexibility in customizing IV fluid administration. Up to 9 separate periods of fluid volume can be infused sequentially.
- q(x)° Mode – can be used for the periodic infusion of antibiotics, chemotherapy or other IV infusions according to a schedule set by the user. Assure that there is a maintenance IV infusing in the intervals between pump infusions.