We Ship With Care
Once your order is placed with Gumbo Medical, you’ll want to know more about the options you have for delivery, setup, and (in rare instances) returns. We want you to have a great experience with us and get the equipment you need in a timely manner.
Learn more below about how we try to make shipping and returns more convenient for our customers.
We primarily utilize the transportation fleets of full logistics van line companies, such as STI, United, and Mayflower for our long-distance deliveries needing a lift gate on site. However, we also have our own trucks and drivers to make local deliveries or to pick-up equipment.
We carefully package and label all equipment ourselves prior to shipment and coordinate the transportation method that best suits our customer’s needs. Since we work with multiple freight companies, we are able to find you the best shipping rates possible.
Your shipping charges will vary depending on distance, weight, cargo, and shipping method. Regardless of the method of delivery, all shipping and handling charges will be added to your total.
- Small packages are typically sent via standard ground delivery with UPS or FedEx.
- New products are shipped directly to you from the OEM facilities using their preferred standard shipping methods.
- Larger refurbished products ship directly from our Vegas warehouse via carriers best equipped to ship fragile freight.
- Additional costs will apply for expedited shipping.
- Shipping costs are subject to change depending on how much time passes.
- At the time of purchase, we can provide you with an updated shipping cost.
- We will notify you regarding shipping status, backorders, and any delays.
- In some instances, standard freight carriers will be used where products are shipped on pallets. The cost will vary depending on if your facility has a loading dock or requires a lift gate service.
Lead time is the amount of time required for your order to be refurbished and prepared for shipment. Shipping time refers to the amount of time required for your order to be delivered, after it leaves our facility or the OEM. The estimated delivery time is the product’s estimated lead time plus the estimated shipping time.
We do our best to refurbish equipment promptly. For refurbished products, purchase orders (PO) are completed in the order they are received. While we strive to complete POs within two-weeks upon receiving an order (excluding time to ship), it is not always possible to complete orders within this period.
We cannot guarantee the two-week time-frame for many reasons.
- During busy times of the year, many customers submit POs all at the same time.
- While we do store many common parts, we do always have every part on hand.
- When parts need to be ordered, they are normally shipped by ground.
- We cannot control manufacturer back order of parts or other supplies.
- All refurbished products ship directly from our Las Vegas, NV warehouse.
For larger or complex orders, our equipment specialists can provide on-site “white glove” service to assist you with unloading, unpacking, and installing equipment into your facility. We recognize that the physical layout of some facilities can make it somewhat challenging to deliver and install equipment.
Our experienced specialists can handle the entire installation process making it smooth and trouble-free for you. Additional freight costs will apply for inside delivery and “white glove” service. White glove delivery is usually available between 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday. Additional costs will apply if delivery is needed after hours.
- White Glove service includes delivery, unpacking, removal and disposal of packing materials.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that the items can be delivered safely in the room.
- Carrier delivery agents are not able to remove old equipment or obstacles.
- Freight and White Glove Delivery are available for customers within the U.S. as well as overseas for an additional charge. Please indicate “White Glove Delivery” in the notes at check out.
- Our team will contact you via phone or email with the additional delivery cost prior to processing your order.
- Please contact us to get exact shipping costs.
For new products, we submit orders directly to the OEM. The timeline on when new products will ship from the OEM can vary. We work closely with the OEM to have orders shipped as quicky as possible. We will keep you notified of your order status and when your products ship.
Gumbo Medical is not an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). We cannot control how products are configured when manufactured. Where possible, we can upgrade or supply additional optional features that were not included when manufactured.
However, we cannot always guarantee availability, certain quantities, or specific configurations. Please contact us to verify the availability of an item.
We carefully package every product that leaves our facility in Las Vegas and use well-known carriers for shipping and freight. It is unlikely you will receive anything that is damaged from the shipping process. If you do receive damaged equipment, please contact us right away.
- Please thoroughly inspect your package upon delivery. Customer must notify the carrier of any visible damage at time of delivery for insurance claim purposes.
- Non-visible damage to the product due to shipping must be reported to Gumbo Medical within 48 hours from the time of delivery.
- If the equipment is damaged beyond use or visibly needs repair, the customer should refuse delivery of the shipment and notify Gumbo Medical immediately.
Typically, all sales are final. Returns are generally not accepted unless the product sold proves to be defective. If the product is defective, the original purchaser / customer may return it to Gumbo Medical for repair or replacement at our discretion. We will be responsible for all shipping costs for repair or replacement.
In the rare instance that a purchase order is canceled by the original purchaser / customer and Gumbo Medical agrees to accept a product return:
- No merchandise may be returned without the prior written authorization of Gumbo Medical.
- We do not accept returns or canceled purchase orders for special or customized orders.
- A 25% restocking fee will be applied to the customer (non-negotiable).
- The customer is responsible for 100% of all shipping costs if the products have already shipped.
- The return period for products is 30-days from delivery.
The original purchaser / customer is responsible for ensuring all products arrive back to Gumbo Medical undamaged and in the condition it was received. We will thoroughly inspect and test returned products and reserve the right to impose a customer fee if the product is damaged or the condition is misrepresented.
Have Questions? Give Us A Call!
For more detailed information regarding equipment availability, refurbishment times, shipping methods, returns, or fees, please contact us. We look forward to answering your questions and making the entire ordering process as transparent and straightforward as possible for you.
Excellent customer service is our priority at Gumbo Medical. Call or email us with your questions. We typically respond to emails within 24 hours. For urgent matters, you may call during normal business hours.